2021 Chevy Silverado 1500
2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 vs. 2021 RAM 1500
In need of a full-size pickup for your Brooklyn commute? Explore the differences between the Silverado 1500 vs. RAM 1500 to see which one provides to capabilities you need. Both options are popular work trucks, but the Silverado 1500 is more cost-effective without compromising on performance. Learn more about how the 2021 Chevy Silverado compares to the 2021 RAM 1500 so you can decide which one works best for your commute!
Silverado 1500 vs. RAM 1500: Performance & Capabilities
Both the new Silverado and RAM 1500 offer impressive performance specifications, but only one is right for your Leslie job site. Compare these popular pickups in terms of capabilities below:
- Engine: The base Silverado 1500 is standard with a 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 engine that generates 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque. You can also opt for available engines that provide performance offerings from 277 hp to 420 hp.
- Transmission: The Silverado 1500 has a standard 6-speed automatic transmission and is available with an 8-speed automatic on higher trim levels.
- Trailering Capacity: The Silverado 1500 pulls ahead in terms of trailering thanks to a towing capacity of up to 12,300 pounds (with the 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine).
- Engine: The RAM 1500, on the other hand, comes with a standard 305-hp 3.6L Pentastar® V6 engine rated at 269 lb-ft of torque. So while it has more hp than the standard Silverado engine, it offers less torque. Other engine options range from 260 hp to 395 hp. You can opt for a 6.2L HEMI® V8 as well, but it’s only available on the new RAM 1500 TRX.
- Transmission: You can access an 8-speed automatic transmission on the base trim level of the RAM truck option.
- Trailering Capacity: When you choose the RAM 1500, you can access a maximum trailer weight of 12,750 pounds.
2021 Silverado vs. RAM 1500: Price Points
In search of a cost-effective truck that doesn’t skimp on performance features? Opt for the new Silverado 1500:
- 2021 Silverado 1500 Price: Starting MSRP of $28,600
- 2021 RAM 1500 Price: Starting MSRP of $32,245
Even when you compare the highest trim levels, the Silverado option is more affordable:
- 2021 Silverado 1500 High Country 4×4 Crew Cab/Standard Bed: Starting MSRP of $58,795
- 2021 RAM 1500 Limited 4×4 Crew Cab/6’4 Bed: Starting MSRP of $60,050
Explore the Silverado 1500 at Art Moehn Chevrolet!
After comparing the 2021 Chevy Silverado vs. the RAM 1500, you’ll see that the Silverado offers top-notch performance and capability features at a budget-friendly price. If you want to access higher towing capacity without overpaying, choose the new Silverado 1500 at our Parma-area dealership today! Contact us to learn more about the Chevy Silverado performance and safety features. Before you stop by, be sure to check out our new vehicle specials to ensure you get the best price on your next Chevy truck.